You got your Overwatch in my Heroes of the Storm! The newest blog post is up and we lucky players are not only getting a new map, but also a new Hero is dropping into the Nexus! Keep reading for more info on Hanamura and Genji.
New Map- Hanamura
Similar in the Overwatch map in aesthetic and name only this will be heavy in objectives and seems like a very quick map. The Overwatch team was nice enough to give us a quick look at the map on Youtube, check it out now!
I want to be more excited about this map but I’m very worried about what it will be like during play. The objectives look very important so I’m worried teams wont have much fighting to do but hopefully it will be balanced just right! The core only having 7 health means the games will quickly be over if one team can blow up the other one, but time will tell what happens!
New Hero: Genji
The second part of todays update is for the newest Hero Genji. Coming at you from the Overwatch universe Genji seems like an attempt to bring players over from Overwatch to try Heroes of the Storm again. I can’t blame them but Genji is a high skill hero in Overwatch, bringing him to Heroes of the Storm meant changing him a lot, and I can’t say I’m very excited with all the changes.
Trait- Cyber Agility (D)
- Activate to jump to the target area.
- Shuriken (Q)
- Throw 3 Shuriken in a spread pattern, each damaging the first enemy it hits.
- Stores up to 3 charges. Shuriken’s cooldown replenishes all charges at the same time.
- Deflect (W)
- Become Protected for 1.25 seconds. Any damage blocked during this period causes Genji to throw a Kunai toward the nearest enemy, prioritizing Heroes and dealing damage.
- Swift Strike (E)
- Dash forward, dealing damage to all enemies in a line. Enemy Heroes who die within 2 seconds after being hit by Swift Strike cause the cooldown and Mana cost to be refunded.
- Dragonblade (R)
- Unleash the Dragonblade for 8 seconds. While active, Dragonblade can be reactivated to lunge forward and slash in a huge arc. If any enemy Heroes are killed within 2 seconds after being hit by Dragonblade, Swift Strike’s cooldown is reset.
- X-Strike (R)
- Perform 2 perpendicular slashes that deal damage and ignite after 1.25 seconds, dealing additional damage to enemies in their area of effect.
From the look of it Genji is going to keep his high skill cap and high mobility, but I’m worried that similar to Overwatch players that are good with him will snowball quickly, but unlike Overwatch I can’t just switch to another character to counter him. This means that you have a high power character who can snowball kills into more kills and if you can’t stop him you will just get longer and longer death timers. I have a feeling this will be another rubber band hero for Hots. He will come in and need to be tuned a few times before he’s not doing insanely well or insanely poorly. I am excited for him though, he could be really fun!