The newest character for Heroes of the Storm was announced today. I think everyone can agree with me that Probius is right among the cutest heroes in the game! The newest Hero comes from Starcraft and will absolutely be constructing additional pylons!
The newest hero looks similar to Tassadar in its nature. Not really a pure class but one that almost fits into its own category! Lets take a look at the little guys talents!
Trait- Warp In Pylon
- Warp in a Pylon that generates a Power Field and grants vision of the surrounding area. Probius only regenerates mana while inside a Power Field.
- Up to 2 Pylons can be active at a time
- Activate to gain an additional 50% Movement Speed for 5 seconds. Taking damage ends this effect early.
- Passive: Probius moves 10% faster by hovering over the ground.
- Fire a burst of energy forward, dealing 150 damage to all enemies it passes through. Hitting the center of a Warp Rift will cause it to explode, dealing additional damage.
- Open an unstable Warp Rift at a location that takes 1.25 seconds to arm, which then slows nearby enemies by 20%, lasting 9 seconds.
- Armed Warp Rifts explode when hit by a Disruption Pulse, dealing 261 damage to nearby enemies.
- Warp in a Photon Cannon that deals 95 damage per second. Lasts 11 seconds.
- Must be placed within a Pylon’s Power Field. Deactivates if it doesn’t have a Pylon powering it.
- Increase the size of Pylon power fields and allow them to attack enemies within it for 110 damage per second. Last 10 seconds.
- Passive: Pylons gain permanent Shields equal to 50% of their maximum Health.
- Project a barrier of negative energy in the target direction that lasts 4 seconds. Enemies who touch the barrier take 64 damage per second and are slowed by 80% for as long as they remain in contact with it.
Im interested to see where he will fit into the current meta, but he looks delightful. A hero who can build up defenses and take part in team fights is always strong so I’m sure he’ll be welcomed by most players!
Blizzard also made a trailer for the little robot, check it out.
Let us know what you think in the comments below!