Happy Holidays! The Heroes of the Storm team is celebrating this year’s Winter’s Veil by gifting us a new hero and other goodies. Let’s take a look at some of these changes coming in this patch.
Winter’s Veil 2016
From December 14th to January 4th, enjoy a 25% boost to experience across all game modes! In addition, there is a new quest to play 25 games for a Festive Treasure Goblin mount.
Ragnaros, the Firelord
We killed him once in Molten Core. We killed him again in the Firelands. He dominates the battlefield in Hearthstone. Now, he’s here in Heroes of the Storm to turn up the heat. Ragnaros has the unique ability to take control of a Keep and assume the role of the raid boss we all love to hate.
Trait – Molten Core:
- Channel on an Allied or destroyed Fort or Keep to replace it with Ragnaros’ Ultimate Form, temporarily gaining new Abilities, and a significant amount of Health that burns away over 18 seconds.
Q – Empower Sulfuras:
- Ragnaros’ next Basic Attack is instant, dealing Ability Damage in an area around the target, and Healing Ragnaros for 20% of the damage dealt. Healing is doubled for damage dealt to Heroes.
W – Living Meteor:
- Summon a meteor at the target point that deals damage on impact, and then rolls in the target direction and deals additional damage every second for 1.75 seconds.
E – Blast Wave:
- Ignite Ragnaros or target Ally, granting 25% bonus Movement Speed for 1.5 seconds before exploding, dealing damage to nearby enemies.
Molten Core Abilities
Q – Molten Swing:
- Swing Sulfuras in a wide arc, dealing damage and stunning enemies for 1 second. Damage increased by 25% versus Minions and Mercenaries.
W – Meteor Shower:
- Summon 3 meteors at the target point that fall in the target direction. Each meteor deals damage and slows enemies by 25% for 2 seconds. Damage increased by 25% versus Minions and Mercenaries.
E – Explosive Rune:
- Create a rune that explodes after 1.5 seconds, dealing damage to non-Structure enemies in a circular area. Damage increased by 25% versus Minions and Mercenaries.
R1 – Sulfuras Smash:
- Hurl Sulfuras at the target area, landing after 0.75 seconds and dealing damage to enemies hit. Enemies caught in the center of the impact area take triple damage and are Stunned for 0.5 seconds.
R2 – Lava Wave:
- Release a wave of lava from the allied Core that travels down the target lane, dealing massive damage every second to non-Structure enemies and instantly killing enemy Minions in its path. Damage doubled versus enemy Heroes.
Return of Haunted Mines
Back from the grave, this classic map is back after a design rework. The golems now spawn at a fixed point and not where they died last. This will stop Sylvanas shenanigans from happening again. Tell us what you think of the redesigned map!
Warrior Reworks Galore!
There are tons of hero changes in this patch. You can find a complete list of the changes here.
Dehaka, Diablo, and Artanis got complete reworks to their kit and will be very interesting to see play. Each character is more refined and more true to lore. Artanis moves fluidly in and out of combat. Diablo reigns supreme as the ganking king. Dehaka gets some changes to better hunt down his foes.
Happy Holidays and I hope you enjoy the changes to this year’s Winter’s Veil.