With the 3.8 Patch on Tuesday, May 10th, Susano will sweep into the battlefield swift like a summer storm. We’re excited to see a new Assassin, so we’ve complied the information about this god for you here.
In Japanese mythology, Susanoo, the powerful storm god of Summer, is the brother of Amaterasu, the goddess of the Sun, and of Tsukuyomi, the god of the Moon. All three were born from Izanagi, when he washed his face clean. Amaterasu was born when Izanagi washed out his left eye, Tsukuyomi was born from the washing of the right eye, and Susanoo from the washing of the nose. Susanoo, having been granted charge of the sea plain, was driven out of heaven because of his outrageous behaviour at his sister’s court. Susanoo descended into the land of Izumo in western Japan and killed an eight-headed dragon that had terrorized the countryside. From the tail of the dragon he recovered the marvelous sword Kusanagi that he presented to his sister and that later came to form part of the Imperial Treasures of Japan. Susanoo married the girl he had rescued from the dragon, and together they produced many generations of gods.
OFFICIAL GOD REVEAL
If you haven’t seen it yet, the official god reveal is located below.
Passive: Swift as the Summer Storm
- For each trained Ability that is on Cooldown, Susano gains bonus Movement Speed.
- Speed Per Stack : 4%
Storm Kata (Q)
- Susano moves thrice in quick succession; after each attack he has up to 3s to fire the next one.
- First Attack: Attacks all Enemies in a cone dealing 70,105,140,175,210 (+90% of your Physical Power).
- Second Attack: Attacks all Enemies in a circle dealing 70,105,140,175,210 (+90% of your Physical Power).
- Third Attack: Dashes Forward.
- Cost: 60/65/70/75/80.
- Cooldown: 16/15/14/13/12s.
Wind Siphon (W)
- Susano commands the winds to blow, dealing 60,75,90,105,120 (+25% of your Physical Power) damage in a cone in front of him. Enemies in the center of the attack are pulled towards him.
- Cost: 80/75/70/65/60.
- Cooldown: 18s.
Jet Stream (E)
- Susano throws forward a gust of air which creates a whirlwind, dealing 20,35,50,65,80 (+30% of your Physical Power) damage every .75s for 3s. He may activate this ability again to teleport to the whirlwind. If the initial gust hits an Enemy, the whirlwind surrounds and travels with them, and teleporting to the Enemy reduces this cooldown to 6s.
- Cost: 45/50/55/60/65.
- Cooldown: 17/16/15/14/13s.
- Susano summons a hurricane at his location that pulls Enemies towards the center while growing to up to twice its size. Susano may activate this ability again to launch the storm in the direction he is facing, knocking up opponents in its path and dealing 160,210,260,310,360 (+140% of your Physical Power).
- Cost: 80/85/90/95/100.
- Cooldown: 100s.
DESIGNER Vs. DESIGNER
I love the Designer vs. Designer series to help us understand the decision making behind Susano’s abilities. In this video, we see HiRezFishman play his god, Susano against HiRezAjax and his re-worked Arachne. We hear a lot of discussion about how Susano is not intended to be a 100% to 0% Assassin, and that meant he could be a lot safer than other jungles who had to all-in. We also hear how powerful cripple effects are good against Susano.
I’m a fan of Raynday’s videos because they are so informative and educational. He posted this video of a Clash game with Susano on the PTS and it shows the intricacies of the god well.
Susano will hit the battlefield on Tuesday. Hope you have fun with him!